Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Stepping Out

I guess the theme today as I penn my first post is, stepping out. Funny, I am not intimidated to travel the globe, even to the most remote places. I do not fret being self employed, even when money is scarce. In fact the things that cause most people anxiety do not tend to bother me, normally the quite opposite. So, I have no idea why I have feared this first blog post for so long. 

My favorite quote at the moment is " God comforts the disturbed and disturbs the comfortable." I do not remember who originally said it, but I read it in the book Irresistible Revolution . I have used it a ton as we, (my family and a group from our church) have been preparing for an upcoming mission trip to
Nicaragua
. I have been spouting it to help encourage others through the trials of life. Now I find myself having to encourage myself. But I guess that is God's plan, even the fearless have fear, even the teachers need to learn, even the strong need strength... OK, you get the point.

That is the plan, the burden of our yoke is that is a journey, not a destination.  We are constantly trying to achieve the unattainable. But unlike worldly goals, there is great joy to be found even when you come up short. I guess the upside-down kingdom shows its beautiful face again. It is not about winning, or a destination. It is about beating the mind games and getting the first post out of the way.

Yhea God!!!

No comments: